Monday, February 16, 2009

WA5-Draft 1

I stand here, in the same spot, watching, observing every detail, every color, movement and person. The bustling and frantic gestures surround the bride while lets one tear trickle down her face to exemplify her happiness. Everyone in the room freezes, admiring her, their emotions over take their faces as each one places the last touch on her dress. I did not understand why everyone was crying and smiling at the same time, so I remained just as I was, mesmerized by the elegance of the ceremony taking place before the wedding. I am taken away from the glimmering brides face, someone women kneels before me to explain how I am to hold the basket and toss the silky red rose petals but my mind is still on the dressing room.

I hear the music start, I start to walk, all the faces turn and I enter a room full of wondrous colors and exotic flowers. The groom stands in front of me smiling, every detail was precise, every face full of excitement and I stop and turn to see my sister walk down the isle. Her face shining through her veil her dress flowing perfectly and all I hear is silence, almost like the music is nonexistent. Everything is slow motion, not missing a beat, I dare to move or blink because I am afraid something will happen. She arrives and it begins, but I am not interested in the bride or groom, I like around the room and watch every face, none were scared, afraid or worried but for the first time everyone was happy. I was eleven years old and I had never been in a room where every one radiated with passion and happiness and I realized I wanted marriage not because of love but to create a world of flowing colors, dresses and happiness.

People were racing around me as I stood in the same place, my heart beating harder and harder as the moments ticked away. I was frozen as people tugged and worried that everything was perfect. I pictured the groom and his face and realized the flowing, colors and happiness were the perfect image of how I felt. I reached up to touch my face and felt a faint tear and now understood the tears I had seen many years ago.

I turned just in time to see the flower girl being given directions and knelt down in front of her, and saw in her eyes what I had felt when I was standing in her shoes. She looked up and smiled and said “Why is everyone crying?” and all I could say was “it’s the only way to express how I feel.” She smiled started to walk and turned to look at me with a tear on her face. I walked down the isle locking eyes with the groom, and as I froze in front of him I looked around and saw the hundreds of eyes on me waiting, smiling some crying and I realized I did exactly what I had wanted for my wedding, I turned to face my groom and said I do.

1 comment:

Ms. Wiesner said...

Very creative. For your second draft write from the perspective of the bride in the first wedding.

Watch possesives. Make sure to use an '.